Thursday, September 1, 2016

Water Cycle

This is my Water Cycle information report.

The Water Cycle
The water cycle is a process that water goes through between land, sea and atmosphere. The water is always recycled throughout the water cycle, the water changes states throughout the water cycle ( it changes between liquid, gas and solids ). The steps in the water cycle are evaporation, condensation, precipitation and runoff.

Evaporation is when the water from the ocean, lakes, rivers and streams get heated up by the sun and turns into water vapour ( gas ). Evaporation is a process that turns water into gas but it is invisible, the humidity is the amount of water vapour in the air. On hotter days the evaporation happens faster than on colder days. When the water has turned into gas it rises up into the atmosphere and then forms a cloud which is called condensation.

Condensation and Precipitation, condensation is the process by which water vapour in the atmosphere turns into water. Condensation is the exact opposite to evaporation. After condensation, the size of water droplets in the sky get bigger as more and more water particles bump into each other. After the precipitation has fallen it turns into groundwater and runoff.

Runoff and Groundwater, Runoff is the precipitation that did not get absorbed into the soil or didn’t evaporate, and therefore made its way from the ground surface into places that water is collected. Only 35% of the evaporation ends up in the ocean or sea, the other 65% is absorbed into the soil. Runoff causes elosion and also carries chemicals and substances on the ground surface along to the river’s where the water ends up.

The water cycle is a non stop process the steps in the cycle are Evaporation, Condensation, Precipitation and Runoff and Groundwater. The water is always recycled and there are three different states they are Liquid, gas and solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment