Thursday, June 9, 2016

Reason with Linear Proportions

WALT - Reason with Linear Proportions

Here is an example of some of the question that we had to answer.
These questions are for the activities called Percent of change and Compare Percents of Numbers.


This question is for the activity Percent of change.
What is the percent of decrease from 600,000 to 300,000?

Write your answer using a percent sign (%).

Here is how I worked it out

I started by working out the difference of the two numbers which is 300,000 and then you divide the number by the first number (when you divide you have to use the first number) so it would be 300,000 Divided by 600,000 and then you times it by 100 and then you will get your answer.

Here is an example of a question

Here is some of my progress


This question is for the activity Compare Percents of Numbers.
This is how I worked it out

Firstly I used calculator to help me to work out all of the calculations and then what I did was I calculated 30x30%= 9 and then I did 9 Divided by 100 which = 0.09 and then that is the answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment